How to Use Rice Flour for Your Skin
Rice flour is made by grinding down rice grains into a powder. Not all rice flours are made the same way, which can impact their potential health benefits.
Rice is a whole grain similar to wheat, oats, rye, spelt, and corn. All whole grains are made up of three parts: the bran, the germ, and the endosperm.
The bran is the hard outer layer of the rice grain. Because of its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, it’s considered the healthiest part of the grain. Bran also contains bioactive components, such as ferulic acid and phytic acid, that are extracted and added to some skin care products.
Like all types of flours, rice flour is made by separating out the three parts of the grain and grinding them down in various proportions. The resulting flour may have more or less of the bran and germ.
What are the benefits of Rice Flour?
Rice contains a great deal of para aminobenzoic acid, ferulic acid and allantoin. Para aminobenzoic acid serves as a good sunscreen and increases the absorption of Vitamin C in the body. Ferulic acid is an anti-oxidant and allantoin is inflammatory in natures and repairs the skin.
How can you use rice flour for your skin?
1. Rice flour and green tea mask
Green tea is one of the healthiest ingredients for skin and mixing it in the rice flour for skin whitening will give you the most efficient and successful results.
- A hot cup of water
- A bag of green tea
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Two tablespoons rice flour
- Take a bowl, put hot water in it, and dip a bag of green tea. Let it brew for 3-4 minutes
- After that, mix two tablespoons of rice flour and one teaspoon of lemon juice in the bowl
- Apply the mixture to your face and leave it to dry for 10-15 minutes
- Wash your face with mild cold water
- Use this rice flour face pack for glowing skin once or twice a week for desired results
2.Rice flour face pack with oats
Rice flour face pack can be made with honey and oats which enhance the skin brightness and whiteness. An oat makes the skin lightening by removing dead cells and impurities from the surface of the skin and gives a fresh, glowing, and perfect skin.
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice flour
- 1 teaspoon cold milk
- 1 teaspoon oats
- Take a bowl mix a tablespoon of rice flour or powder, oats, honey, and cold milk
- Make into a smooth paste
- Apply the paste on your face and gently massage for 5-10 minutes
- Once the paste dries up then wash your face with cold water
- Do this procedure once or twice a week which helps you to get rid of pimples and acne
3. Rice flour with turmeric & cream pack
The combination of these ingredients makes this rice flour face more effective home remedies for dry and dull skin. Turmeric is a natural product that has an antiseptic formula in it and helps to keeps your skin dirt-free while cream conditions the skin makes the skin soft on the outside.
- 1 teaspoon rice flour
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh cream
- Take a bowl, mix rice flour, fresh cream, and turmeric powder
- Apply the mixture of rice flour, turmeric, and cream all over your face and neck area
- Leave it to dry for 10-15 minutes then wash your face with cold water
- Repeat this procedure at least once a week for effective results