Research direction of aluminum alloy die-casting and magnesium alloy die-casting
The development of the aluminum-magnesium alloy casting industry should still focus on basic research, provide support for technological innovation, shorten the gap with the country, and occupy the commanding heights of international competition.
- (1) Development of materials and preparation technology. On the basis of traditional technology, the development of new tissue miniaturization technology can expand the use of old materials with higher concentrations of impurity elements on the one hand, and provide economical preparation processes for high-strength materials on the other. There are few types of cast magnesium alloys, and it is difficult to meet the increasingly high diversification requirements in the future. Therefore, the development of new alloy materials will still be the main issue in the field of cast magnesium alloys.
- (2) Development of net shape forming technology. Traditional processing technology has great limitations for the precision, light weight and high integration of aluminum-magnesium alloy parts. Net shape forming can expand the cost competitiveness of cast parts and gain international advantages. In addition to the development of new processing methods and processes such as semi-solid casting, the improvement of traditional cnc machining methods and process integration should be emphasized with the goal of energy saving and environmental protection.Magnesium alloy forming methods are currently mainly magnesium alloy die-casting. With the increase in the application of magnesium alloys in automobiles, the forming methods are gradually becoming diversified.
- (3) Development of non-heat-treated cast aluminum-magnesium alloys. Heat treatment is generally used to improve the strength and performance of aluminum-magnesium alloy castings, but heat treatment will increase energy consumption and production cycle, and there are problems such as dimensional deformation and residual stress. Development and heat treatment products have the same mechanical properties of aluminum-magnesium alloy materials and processes , It is of great significance for reducing equipment investment, reducing manufacturing costs, reducing energy consumption and emissions.
- (4) Utilization of recycled materials. Under the condition that aluminum-magnesium alloy castings require high performance, new alloys are generally used instead of old materials to ensure that the performance requirements are met. In order to build a recycling-oriented society, the use of aluminum-magnesium alloy recycled materials is a very urgent figure. In the long run, in order to maintain a balance between demand and supply, aluminum-magnesium alloy recycled materials* will eventually be used as part of the new materials. Therefore, the development of refining technology that effectively removes impurity elements in recycled materials has long-term significance.
- (5) Large-scale, complex, high-precision casting production technology. Solve the casting technology of large and key equipment parts, and further expand the application of aluminum and magnesium alloy castings in the fields of rail vehicles, electric power, medical treatment, national defense and aerospace, accumulate strong technology and enhance technical strength.
- (6) Change the traditional manufacturing model. Through scientific and technological progress and technological innovation, we will change the traditional manufacturing model of purely pursuing scale, meet users’ requirements for product diversification and individualization, and realize flexible production, lean production, green production and global manufacturing.
Link to this article：Research direction of aluminum alloy die-casting and magnesium alloy die-casting
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting:Mold Wiki，Thanks